Members Hall of Fame
The recognition as a member of the Members Hall of Fame is the highest recognition the National Cutting Horse Association can bestow on an individual.
The eligibility requirements and nomination form will be available for members to submit nominations to the attention of the Executive Director in the NCHA office. The Executive Director will review the nomination packets to determine those individuals that have met eligibility criteria. Names and nomination information are then forwarded to the selection committee who recommend the selections after careful examination of the packets. The Chairman of the Members Hall of Fame committee will present those selected members to the Executive Committee for final approval to the Members of Hall of Fame.
Nomination Criteria for entering into Members Hall of Fame:
The inductees will be selected based on the totality of their contributions to the National Cutting Horse Association. These will include, but will not be limited to, the consideration of the individual’s quality and years of service and/or contributions that resulted in significant improvement to the association, or caused significant growth and improvement, leading to the betterment of the Association.
The contributions to the Association should extend through, but will not be limited to, all levels in the NCHA: Affiliate, Area, Regional, and National. The committee will carefully consider the nominee’s character and integrity and the consistency with which these qualities are exhibited.
- The contributions must have been influential to and supportive to the growth of the NCHA.
- The individual must have made both outstanding and significant contributions to the NCHA.
- The individual should display leadership qualities as exemplified by being an ambassador for the NCHA and the sport of cutting by participating and exhibiting leadership in civic, community, state, regional, and national public service or business related activities. Additionally, the individual should demonstrate a concern for the welfare of others, especially as related to NCHA activities that may directly or indirectly benefit the NCHA.
- Nominee may be either living or deceased.
Non Eligibility exceptions:
- If, in the opinion of the Hall of Fame committee, an individual has been detrimental or harmful to the good character and welfare of the association, the nomination will not be considered. Additionally, if an individual is on probation or suspension list at the time of nomination and/or commits an infraction of the association, the nomination will not be considered.
- An individual cannot be inducted into the members Hall of Fame while currently serving on the Executive Committee.
- An individual cannot be inducted into the members Hall of Fame while currently employed by NCHA.